Science for International Development ConferenceTuesday, September 18, 2012 12:00 AM Views : 121
WHAT: Science for International Development Conference
Joining up scientific excellence with development initiatives
"Science, Technology and Innovation: Working Together for Growth and Development"
- Partnering, technical cooperation and networking with policymakers, experts, together with representatives of multilateral organisations;
- To identify and promote research in SEA that addresses the problems facing actors in Southeast Asia which additionally alleviate poverty and improve social, economic and political life in the poorest countries of Southeast Asia and;
- To identify international best practice and build upon lessons learnt from existing mechanisms for building capacity.
- Health – specific topics of interest are infectious diseases, emerging ang re-emerging non-communicative diseases, obesity, cardio-vascular diseases etc.
- Food Security – particularly sustainable production, nutrition and wellness
- Energy Security – management and development
- e-Disaster – focusing on natural disaster
There will be 250 slots open for participants of the conference. The expected audience will include:
- Executives from financial institutions;
- Internationally renowned scientists working in the fields of Health, Food Security, Water Security, Energy Security and e-disaster from Southeast Asia and Europe;
- Representatives of European and international governments, key international organizations and NGOs;
- Members of the SEA-EU-Net Consortium;
- Researchers, experts and scientist from Southeast Asia and Europe
- SEA-EU-Net is a project funded under the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7). The project commenced in January 2008 and is currently funded for a period of four (4) years.
- The project is driving forward actions to increase the quality, quantity, profile and impact of bi-regional Science and Technology cooperation between ten (10) Member Countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the Member- and Associated States of the European (EU).
- SEA-EU-Net promotes scientific collaboration in areas of common interest to South East Asia and Europe such as climate change and the environment, energy and infectious diseases.
- SEA-EU-Net hosts an annual stakeholders conference to discuss the project objectives and bring experts together to identify key topics of bi-regional interest and opportunities for collaboration.
For more information and registration please contact SID Secretariat